Spicy cashew tofu
🤩 A easy but actually tasty and satisfying tofu recipe! Get it beneath:
👉Recipe (yields 2-Three servings)
– 14ouncesfirm tofu or store-bought native fried tofu reduce into cubes (~2cups)
– 1 medium onion – sliced
– Three cloves garlic – sliced
– 5-6 dried chili, seeds eliminated, then boiled in scorching water till tender
– half of cup diced inexperienced bell pepper
– 1/Four cup inexperienced onions – reduce into matchsticks lengthy
– 1/Four cup dry roasted cashews
– oil for cooking, salt to style
– mild cornstarch slurry (elective)
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce, half of tablespoon stir fry sauce, 2 teaspoons darkish soy sauce, half of teaspoon sugar, half of teaspoon salt, a pinch of white pepper *regulate sauce for gluten-free model
✅Tofu prep: If utilizing contemporary tofu, pressed and reduce tofu into bite-size cubes. You possibly can coat them with cornstarch earlier than pan-frying to get a crispy outer layer or simply pan fry with out coating. As soon as prepared, you’ll want to season with some salt.
1. In a heated non-stick pan with Three teaspoons oil, sauté onion till translucent.
2. Add garlic and proceed to sauté till aromatic.
3. Then, add the bell pepper, ready tofu, chili, and sauce. Toss till all elements are nicely mixed. Add the cornstarch slurry if utilizing.
Season accordingly or add extra water should you want a saucier dish. If extra water is added, it’s essential to regulate the cornstarch slurry.
4. Lastly, stir within the cashews and inexperienced onions.
5. Serve heat with rice.
Observe us veganrecipesvalley for extra vegan recipes!