Chestnut mushrooms sticky rice bowl😋 ‘香菇栗子油饭’
Credit score woon.heng
Recipe (yields 4-5 servings)
– 2 cups of glutinous rice (rinse till water turns clear, and soak in a single day or as much as Four hours, then drain nicely)
– half of cup roasted chestnut
– 1/Four cup sliced Chinese language/Shiitake mushrooms
– 7-Eight small shallots (~100g), finely sliced
– 2 teaspoons sesame oil
– oil, salt to style
– chopped scallion & fried shallots
🌱Sauce: Three tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons Chinese language cooking wine/vegetable broth, half of tablespoon stir fry sauce, 1 teaspoon thick darkish soy sauce for shade (optionally available), 1-1.5 teaspoon salt, half of teaspoon white pepper (use gluten-free sauces if wanted)
1. In a heated non-stick pan with Three teaspoons of oil, sauté shallots till aromatic, then add mushrooms and proceed to sauté till fragrant.
2. Add the sauce and proceed to prepare dinner till nicely mixed & drizzle the combination with sesame oil. Flip off the warmth and put aside.
3. Place drained glutinous rice in a warmth secure proof bowl and add 1 cup + 1/Three cup water. Then, prime rice with the mushrooms combination and chestnut.
4. Steam rice over excessive warmth for 30-35 minutes. Utilizing a chopstick/fork, fluff rice by mixing mushrooms combination till nicely mixed. Season to your choice. Then, steam for an additional 20-25 minutes. (Make certain you’ve sufficient water for steaming). Observe: some manufacturers have a softer rice texture, in that case, please regulate the cooking time.
5. Flip off the warmth and let it cool off, prime with fried shallots and chopped scallions earlier than serving. I paired it with some sautéd bok choy.